Are you craving a night away from your normal routine that nourishes your senses and fills your cup? Are you desiring something that’s welcoming + rejuvenating and completely worth the production of getting out of the house on a weeknight?
Perhaps you’re daydreaming of a gathering that’s rich with raw stories, belly laughs, AHA moments, and convos that make you feel SEEN and less alone.
If you’re nodding your head to any of this, then you most certainly belong at:
5-8pm • Wednesday, May 24
The Vista at Applewood Golf Course
14001 W. 32nd Ave. • Golden
Throughout the evening, you will:
- melt into cup-filling activities, roundtable discussions, and soulful reflections facilitated by Brit.
- nourish yourself with a sit-down meal. (Full menu below!)
- connect deeply with others (and probably laugh till you pee a little).
Upon arrival, you will:
- Enjoy a complimentary beverage from the bar if you wish or…
- Delight your senses at the “Make Your Own Floral Mocktail Bar” provided by Erica Mallery, Moderation Coach + Owner of ShameOver.
- Pamper yourself at the Threads Worldwide display as you pick out a piece of joyful, colorful jewelry to wear for the evening. (Borrow it for the night or buy it at the end!)
- Find a signed copy of Mama Be Present: 40 Simple Yet Magical Ways to Find Joy in The Toddler Days at your assigned seat.
This event is for anyone who is mothering anything.
Yes, the book is written for toddler moms, but this gathering is welcome to anyone who’s mothering older kids, a career, grandkids, a family member, a dog, herSELF, or, or, or.
It’s for anyone who seeks space to connect, reflect, and relight that spark.
- 5-6pm: Mix ‘n’ Mingle | make your mocktail • pick out jewelry • find your seat
- 6-6:30pm: Introduction | Brit speaks + buffet begins
- 7-8pm: Workshop | various prompts + discussions facilitated by Brit
house salad with ranch or raspberry white balsamic dressing
caesar salad w/ house-made croutons
chicken rigatoni w/ caramelized onions + vodka cream sauce
center cut pork loin w/ roasted mushroom marsala cream sauce
whipped potatoes with truffle + garlic
sautéed seasonal vegetables
espresso dusted cheesecake w/ salted caramel
Questions? Email me!
ADVANCE PRAISE FOR MAMA BE PRESENT
“Brit has a gentle and honest way of reminding us moms to embrace the chaos. This book is the calm we all need in the storm of new motherhood.”—SHAYNA FERM, author of Parentally Incorrect + creator of The Pump and Dump Show
“One thing is true: The way to joy is through the exhaustion and chaos, and these prompts point the way. Bravo to Brit for creating something personal, beautiful, and REAL for mamas everywhere.”—KAREN DEERWESTER, owner of Family Time, Inc. + host of the See Me Hear Me Love Me podcast
“Ever since participating in Brit’s take-a-break challenge in 2016, I’ve been a big fan of her work. Not only has she inspired various MOPS communities I’ve invited her to speak at, but thanks to her engaging and convincing principles of self-care, I’ve kept up with many habits I’ve developed from her online programs. Now, she has created a book for moms that is simple in practice yet so deeply powerful. Her writing is a gift.”—SHERRI CRANDALL, VP of Global Ministries and Leadership Experience at MOPS International
“Brit strikes a powerful balance between hilarious and raw, story and research, and light-hearted and profound as she walks alongside moms guiding them in the most contradictory role in life: motherhood.”—CHRISTIN BOURG, special education teacher + MBP community member
“I didn’t realize how much I needed this until I read the last page with tears streaming down my face. It makes me feel so seen. Every time I read it, I discover new ways to connect with my kids and most of all, myself.”—ERIN MARTINEZ, public health professional + MBP community member